07 Sep 5 Essential Oils for Your Crazy Day
Life is crazy, and that’s never going to change. However, science tells us that aromatherapy is extremely effective at aiding against the ebbs and flows of the day.
“Inhaling essential oils stimulates the olfactory system, the part of the brain connected to smell, including the nose and the brain. Molecules that enter the nose or mouth pass to the lungs, and from there, to other parts of the body.
As the molecules reach the brain, they affect limbic system, which is linked to the emotions, the heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress, and hormone balance. In this way, essential oils can have a subtle, yet holistic effect on the body.” (source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10884.php).
Different oils affect the brain differently, which is why it’s important to know which ones to use when.
- When Waking Up: There are several oils that are beneficial for waking up and having energy. My favorite to use is Lemon. The citrusy scent helps to increase the production of serotonin in your body. Serotonin is known as the happy chemical as it helps boost your mood! You can also combine Rosemary, Peppermint, Basil, Ginger, and/or Cinnamon. It’s truly up to your preference on smell. I love to do lemon, rosemary, and peppermint together.
- When Needing Motivation: Once you’ve woken up, you may find yourself needing some extra motivation for your day. This is when I start to diffuse Bergamot, Lemon, and Cardamon. It may be one of absolute favorite combinations in terms of smell. So clean and refreshing!
- When Focus Is Lacking: Ah, to my favorite oil around: Frankincense. This bad boy is the mack daddy of oils and you will find it used for a number of different things. Combined with Lemon, Peppermint, Basil, and Grapefruit you’ve got a procrastination killer!
- When You Just Want To Chill: Lavender starts to make its main entrance around this time of the day. I find it best when used along side Sage, Marjoram, and Ylang Ylang (I’m still trying to pronounce that one).
- When It’s Time To Sleep: Well you successfully made it through the day and it’s time to hit the sheets. Bust back out the Lavender and add in some Vetiver, Chamomile, and Bergamot. You’ll fall asleep fast, sleep better, and wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to start back at number 1.
What are your favorite oil combinations? Let me know in the comments.